Our facilities include:
- Large open classrooms – we believe that children need space to grow and develop in and our large, free flowing classrooms enable children to do just that. As well as featuring key areas of learning and banks of accessible resources, our children have ample rest and quiet areas with adjoining pantries, en-suite bathroom facilities and immediate access to the gardens.
- Extensive indoor play areas – when the temperatures soar, our children have extensive indoor play spaces to climb, run, jump and crawl through.
- Junior kitchen – children eat best when they are involved in the making and growing of their food and our junior kitchen which features low rise work surfaces and a herb garden enables them to do just that.
- Interactive digital learning resources – all our classrooms feature interactive white boards so that children can get to grips with pre-writing skills, play maths games and explore technology. Whilst our children have access to IPAD’s in FS1, device time is not encouraged during pre-school hours for children aged 0-2 years.
- Early Years Library – language acquisition is a key focus to improve outcomes in communication and language and literacy in the primary years. We encourage a love of literature at Little GEMS through storytelling, auditory discrimination games, visual decoding games and drama techniques. Our Parent volunteer librarians are on hand to make storytelling a fun family time at LGI.
- Splash area – it’s not just for cooling down but helps to build your child’s confidence and self-esteem too. Our water confidence programmes help your little ones develop resilience and stamina.
- Direct access from classrooms to gardens – our large gardens with safe surfacing and a growing area, enable our children to engage in nature play, using the elements to support their developing understanding of the world around them. Activities include planting, den building, channelling water, building water walls, playing in the mud kitchen, etc.
- Sensory garden – adjoining the reception, our sensory garden provides a shaded, enclosed rainforest area with a range of fauna to touch and smell. Natural air and light make this a lovely hideaway for parents and children to take a few minutes out!
- Parents’ lounge – always stocked with a range of tea and coffee for our parents, the lounge invites parents to relax whilst waiting for their child and plays host to coffee mornings, Parents Association meetings and guest speakers including authors and some of our GEMS school principals.