The Little GEMS International curriculum uses the English Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum as a framework
The Little GEMS International curriculum uses the English Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum as a framework combining it with the GEMS core values and specially written Little GEMS International programmes designed to promote cognitive development though movement, music, world languages and digi learning.
Half termly themes are planned to include the following areas of learning:
- personal, social and emotional development: supporting
children to have confidence and the ability to form positive relationships;
- physical development: helping children to understand the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices; providing opportunities for the development of balance, coordination and control;
- communication, language and literacy: providing opportunities
for children to listen and express themselves in a range of situations; supporting children to read and write with confidence;
- mathematics: providing children with opportunities to explore and practically solve problems applying and developing their skills in counting, using addition/subtraction; multiplication/division; shape, space and measure;
- understanding the world: providing opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment;
- expressive arts and design: enabling children to explore their ideas and feelings using a variety of media and materials; providing a range of activities in art, music, dance, role-play, drama and design technology.
Continuous assessment ensures that the learning journey of each child is closely tracked and monitored. We ensure that there is challenge for the more able and provision for children with additional needs.